What We Do
HZO is the global leader in delivering world-class protective nano coatings that safeguard electronics from the most demanding environments – be it water, humidity, salt fog, or corrosive materials. We work with some of the world’s most respected brands across markets including consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, medical, and IoT to deliver a more resilient, reliable, and durable level of protection. Our thin film solutions drive real value by helping companies minimize the costs associated with unnecessary repairs or service calls, mitigate the risks associated with product failures, and grow sustainable revenue. Our unique approach has HZO well-positioned for exponential global growth in the years ahead.
Who We Are
At HZO, we bring together people, process, capital equipment, and material science, leveraging an ever-expanding patent portfolio, to create unique solutions for our clients, whether it’s on-premise or in one of our Centers of Excellence. Our global team brings our mission to life through relentless innovation, seamless collaboration, and flawless execution. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest performance standards, placing the customer at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a culture of belonging which prohibits discrimination and harassment, and we are committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone adds value and anyone can make a difference.
How We Hire & Promote
HZO embraces the best of diversity, equity and inclusion by providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and career advancement to employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Only through these actions do we believe we can realize the full potential of our employees.
Working at HZO
HZO is a global company with headquarters in Morrisville, North Carolina, as well as satellite offices in California, Utah, Hungary, Switzerland, Vietnam, and throughout China.
Working at HZO, you’ll enjoy:
- An entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowing HZO has a solid business plan in place, along with substantial funding from experienced investors.
- Being valued for your life experiences, perspectives, and talents.
- Being mentored by some of the brightest and most experienced leaders to build and guide HZO.
- The ability to work with a variety of teams and projects.
- Having influence over personal tasks and goals.
- Building out your role by using your experiences and passions.
- Career paths that go beyond traditionally expected routes.
See what some of our employees have to say:
“In my five years at HZO as an engineer, I’ve encountered no shortage of problems to solve. The trickiest ones don’t belong to any one role or department, so they’re solved by those who take ownership. That creates room to grow and solving those problems rarely goes unacknowledged. It’s seen and rewarded with trust and responsibility. I get to work with technical teams from the most innovative companies out there. The exposure to that caliber of professional skill is priceless and refreshing.”
—–Dusty, Director of Process Engineering
“It is exciting to work with new people from different areas and backgrounds. We have an opportunity to grow, work with new people, and move the company forward. I like that I’m not being micromanaged. I am given some direction and the ability to manage my time to drive myself to arrive at the needed outcome. I fill several gaps in different areas and I am able to give input into where I would like to use my talents. I don’t feel limited by my department, title, and job description.”
—–Stephanie, Assistant Controller – Systems
“I have been with HZO going on five years. Every time I have thought this is my horizon a new opportunity and challenge presents itself. Although some of these challenges seem far reached and unattainable HZO has given me the tools needed to reach those goals and to continue to set the bar even higher.”
—–Nick, Global Service & Support Engineer
HZO values people the same way we care about our products and services.
We do our best to find the right candidates who are “ready now” for the right positions-not just for today, but people who can scale with our growth. We’re also partnering closely with local universities to help develop the next generation of professionals and leaders.
Our Ideal Candidates
We’re looking for people who:
- See change as an opportunity.
- Have a wide variety of transferable skills.
- Are willing to step outside of their comfort zones.
- Want to work at a stable, but growing company with a solid business plan.
- Are willing to be exposed to new concepts and ideas.
- Want to grow in their career.
- Bring their life experiences, passions, and perspectives to the table.
You’ll do well here if you like to:
- Roll up your sleeves
- Raise your hand
- Offer recommendations
- Participate in brainstorming and problem solving
- Value collaboration
- Take ownership
- Are outcome-focused
Your talent and character are vital to helping us build the next chapter of HZO. Along with unprecedented growth, you’ll be part of creating a unique and flexible culture.
At HZO, we’re motivated to:
- Remain the leader in protecting electronics from the most demanding environments with world-class nano coatings to enable a better, more durable product.
- Harness a person’s talents, skills, experiences, connections, and education to enhance outcomes.
- Encourage our employees to have influence, no matter what title or level they’re at.
HZO values openness, tolerance, respect, sharing, and inclusiveness.
To see our current job listings, please visit our Open Listings page. If you don’t see the perfect position for you, but are still interested in working for HZO, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you going to join us building the next chapter of HZO? We want to hear from you!