HZO Employees Weigh In | Jonathan Womack
Mallory McGuinness | June 24, 2020
At HZO, protecting what matters most to you matters most to each of us. We wanted to pull back the curtain and show you how we work together to do this, so we asked a few of our employees to weigh in.
The second blog in this series features Jonathan Womack as he discusses what it’s like to work at HZO:
1. What is your position at HZO, and what does that entail?
I’m the R&D Lab Manager, so my job entails:
- Helping the R&D team coordinate different research project
- Determining what tasks should be prioritized and keeping track of what we need to complete
- Gathering and assessing data to support our business goals
- Compiling data-driven presentations that get distributed to our customers and employees
2. What was your background before you came to HZO?
Before joining HZO, I was a Process Technician at Cree, Inc in Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. At Cree, we worked to facilitate the manufacture of lighting-class LEDs, lighting products, and products for power and radio frequency applications. Before entering the corporate world, I attended Piedmont College, where I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
3. What do you love most about working here?
The best thing about working here is definitely a collaborative environment. It’s a very friendly atmosphere, and we work on projects as a unit, although our individual ideas are solicited and encouraged too. I should mention that our coworkers are great as well, which makes teamwork easier. I get to work with some of the smartest, most efficient people. We cooperate to reach our shared goal of providing great service to the customers.
4. What’s challenging about working here?
I think, for me, the most challenging thing about working at HZO is also pretty interesting and engaging, and that’s bringing data to life. We gather information, find the meaning in it, and together we build innovative solutions with our insights.
5. What do you do when you’re off the clock?
When I’m off the clock, you’ll find me at the beach, relaxing and taking it easy. Or, I might be riding my ATV. I also love cookouts with my friends and family! Hot dogs, burgers, ribs, it’s all good.
6. What’s the most important thing we should know about HZO?
The most important thing to know about HZO is that it’s a growing company with great potential. I know we’ve achieved a lot of success with what we offer in our HZO Spectrum of Protection™, but we are also working on some really exciting new developments.
The most important thing to know about HZO is that it’s a growing company with great potential.
Ryan is a 9-year veteran to the world of protecting electronics from harsh environments and a lover of all things technology.