Article Highlight: ‘Protecting Medical Devices’ HZO’s James Tosh in Today’s Medical Developments
James Tosh | Originally Published in Today’s Medical Developments, August 2021
- The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is a connected infrastructure of health systems and services that collect, analyze, and transmit health data to drive better healthcare outcomes.
- Regardless of device or equipment type, the IoMT requires sturdy components that can operate dependably in all harsh medical environments.
- Known for excellent moisture and chemical resistance, Parylene provides strong barrier protection against environmental threats that could cause electronic failures.
- Because there are no catalysts or solvents involved in the Parylene vacuum deposition process, the coating is pure and free from impurities.
- Its versatility and reliability has made it the coating choice for many biomedical suppliers and medical device manufacturers.
Hearing aids are simple devices with substantial benefits, but they do require protection from their environments.
Discover how HZO can protect your product