Article Highlight: ‘Protecting Robots in Harsh Environments with Nanocoatings’ HZO’s Lisa Rizzo in U.S. Tech Publication
Lisa Rizzo | Originally Published in U.S. Tech, August 2021
- Parylene is the protective coating of choice for challenging robotics applications
- The chemical vapor deposition process unique to Parylene leads to a uniform layer of protection that is pinhole and defect-free.
- Parylene adds minimal mass to coated surfaces, has exceptional tensile and yield strength, is dielectric, and protects corrosion, spray, moisture, fungus, dust, and other contaminations from harsh environments.
- HZO provides a scalable, more cost-efficient Parylene solution, making it available to manufacturers that could not previously consider it an option.
- Sarcos Robotics, an HZO customer, used Parylene to protect components of the Guardian™ S remote visual inspection and surveillance robot and has had zero product returns attributed to coating issues to date.
“To date, Sarcos has had zero product returns attributed to coating issues.”
Discover how HZO can protect your product