Article Highlight: ‘Coating electric vehicle charging stations for safer, tougher reliability’
Originally Published in Electronic Products & Technology, August 2021
- While EVs have attained mainstream status, the availability and reliability of a fast-charging infrastructure continue to be major hurdles to widespread adoption.
- Charging stations are typically located outside, which makes them vulnerable to external sources, such as voltage transients or electrical surges and the elements.
- The realistic and economical approach to protecting EVSEs is with conformal coatings.
- Conformal coatings provide increased dielectric resistance, operational integrity, and protection from corrosive atmospheres and contaminants.
- When compared to acrylic, silicones, urethane, and epoxy coatings, Parylene has all the properties and characteristics necessary to help advance technologies.
Which conformal coating has the best chemical composition to deliver all attributes & operational function?
Discover how HZO can protect your product