Article Highlight: ‘Parylene Protection for LED Video Displays & Signage Technologies’ HZO’s Lisa Rizzo in Information Display Publication
Lisa Rizzo | Originally Published in Information Display, December 2021
- LED displays offer advantages that have led to usage across diverse markets, but still require protection from harsh environments that can have negative impacts on long-term display performance.
- Conformal coatings is a realistic and economical approach to protect LED display internal electronics.
- While there are several conformal coating materials to consider, including acrylics, silicones, urethanes, and epoxies, Parylene provides an unrivaled ability to protect against conditions such as corrosion at thicknesses magnitudes less than other coatings.
- HZO has combined processes, people, capital equipment, and materials science to broaden the scale of Parylene usage to companies and manufacturers who would not have considered it previously.
- One case study is HZO’s partnership with PRISMVIEW, a Samsung Electronics Company, where HZO’s engineers created a scalable Parylene solution that provided high levels of control, consistency, quality, repeatability, and throughput.
Of the available coating options for LEDs, Parylene has gained a reputation as the coating of choice for electronics because of its many beneficial properties and performance characteristics.
Discover how HZO can protect your product